- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/2 of a vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 64 ounce bottle apple-cranberry juice
- 4 medium purple and/or green plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Gewurztraminer, or other fruity white wine*
- Ice cubes
1. Place cloves and vanilla bean in center of a double-thick 6-inch square of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth. Bring corners of cloth together; tie closed with clean string. Pour apple-cranberry juice into a large container or pitcher. Add plums and spice bag. Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
2. Remove and discard cheesecloth bag. Stir in Gewurztraminer. Serve beverage and plum slices over ice. (Or omit the ice and heat the juice mixture and wine in a 4-quart Dutch oven until hot. Serve in heatproof mugs.) Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- Substitute two 12-ounce cans chilled ginger ale for the Gewurztraminer, and serve over ice.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 180,
- carb. (g) 33,
- fiber (g) 1,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- vit. C (mg) 64,
- sodium (mg) 30,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- iron (mg) 0,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet