- Makes: 4 servings
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
Double-Play Salmon Burgers
ounces skinless, boneless salmon fillets
teaspoon seafood seasonoing
ounces smoked salmon, hot style (skinned and boned) or lox
tablespoon olive oil
Cucumber and green onions, diagonally sliced
- In food processor, process one bun to coarse crumbs. Transfer crumbs to large bowl.
- Coarsely chop salmon fillets and green onions. In processor, pulse to coarsely grind salmon and onions. Add egg, 1/2 teaspoon of the seafood seasoning, and two-thirds the smoked salmon. Pulse to combine. Transfer to bowl with crumbs. Mix, then shape in four 3-1/2-inch patties.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties 5 to 6 minutes per side, just until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, toast buns and finely chop remaining smoked salmon.
- For sauce, combine chopped salmon, mayo, and remaining seafood seasoning. Spoon some sauce on bun bottoms. Layer patty, then top with cucumber and onions. Pass remaining sauce.
From the Test Kitchen
Serve with lemon wedges and cucumber slices.
Change seafood seasoning to dried dill.
Change mayonnaise to Greek yogurt and add 1 teaspoon capers.
Nutrition Facts (Double-Play Salmon Burgers)
- Per serving:
- 659 kcal cal.,
- 33 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 110 mg chol.,
- 882 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 2 g sugar,
- 34 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Related CategoriesBreakfast and Brunch Fish and Seafood Recipes, Burger Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Fish and Seafood Recipes, Grilled Burger Recipes, Healthy Dinners, Healthy Recipes, Heart-Healthy Recipes, Low Cholesterol Recipes, Low Fat Recipes, Quick and Easy Dinners, Quick and Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes, Quick and Easy Recipes, Shellfish Recipes