- Yields: 64 pieces
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Cool: 15 mins
Double-Decker Layered Fudge
cup evaporated milk
12 ounce package white baking pieces
7 ounce jar marshmallow creme
ounces dark chocolate, chopped (3/4 cup)
Finely chopped dark chocolate (optional)
- Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over edges of pan. Butter foil; set pan aside.
- Butter the sides of a 3-quart heavy saucepan. In the saucepan combine sugar, evaporated milk, and salt. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture boils. Reduce heat to medium; continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add white baking pieces and marshmallow creme. Beat mixture vigorously with a clean wooden spoon for 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken. Pour half of the mixture (about 2 cups) into a bowl. For the white chocolate layer, stir 2 teaspoons of the vanilla into mixture in bowl; set aside.
- For the dark chocolate layer, add the 4 ounces chopped dark chocolate and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla into mixture in saucepan; stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove 1/3 cup of the dark chocolate mixture; set aside. Immediately spread remaining dark chocolate mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
- Gently spoon the white chocolate mixture over the dark chocolate mixture; spread fudge evenly to edges of pan. Swirl in the reserved dark chocolate mixture. Cool for 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with additional finely chopped dark chocolate.
- Cover; chill for 2 to 3 hours or until firm. When fudge is firm, using the edges of the foil, lift fudge out of pan. Cut fudge into squares.
From the Test Kitchen
Layer fudge between sheets of waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Facts (Double-Decker Layered Fudge)
- 80 kcal cal.;
- 3 g Fat, total;
- 2 mg chol.;
- 2 g sat. fat;
- 13 g carb.;
- 1 g Monosaturated fat;
- 12 g sugar;
- 1 g pro.;
- 40 mg Potassium;
- 0 mg Riboflavin;
- 0 mg iron;
- 22 mg sodium;
- 20 mg calcium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet