- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 bar (4 oz.) German sweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons heavy or whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut up
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350 degree F. Line eighteen 2-3/4-inch muffin-pan cups with cupcake/muffin liners. Microwave sweet chocolate and cream in a small microwaveproof bowl on High 1 minute. Whisk until smooth and chocolate is melted. Set aside.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl. Beat 3/4 cup butter, granulated sugar and 1 tablespoon vanilla in mixer bowl at medium-high speed, until fluffy. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yolks. With mixer at low speed, add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients, until blended.
3. Remove 1-1/3 cups batter to bowl; set aside. Spoon remaining batter into muffin-pan cups. By teaspoonfuls, spoon chocolate mixture into center of each cup. With another teaspoon, spoon reserved 1-1/3 cups batter over chocolate (batter does not have to cover chocolate completely). Bake 21 to 23 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center of cupcakes comes out clean. Remove from pans and cool completely.
4. For the frosting, microwave unsweetened chocolate and 1/4 cup butter on High 1-1/2 minutes. Stir until chocolate is melted. Transfer to mixer bowl and beat in confectioners sugar, sour cream and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Makes 18 cupcakes.
- Prepare as directed above. Wrap and freeze up to 1 month. Thaw at room temperature 2 hours.)
- cal. (kcal) 335,
- Fat, total (g) 18,
- chol. (mg) 105,
- sat. fat (g) 11,
- carb. (g) 40,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 304,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet