- Makes: 1 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
tablespoons Simple Syrup* or 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
teaspoons fresh lime juice
tablespoons light, or light-spiced, coconut, or fruit flavored rum
cup chilled club soda
Mint or basil (optional)
- Grab a tall glass and add simple syrup or sugar.
- Toss in mint leaves or basil leaves torn in two if necessary and lime juice.
- Use muddler to gently "bruise" the herbs against the glass to allow their flavorful oils to meld with the liquids and fruit** (if using).
- Fill glass three-quarters full with ice.
- Add coconut or fruit-flavored rum and top off with club soda. Use a sugarcane skewer, swizzle stick or cocktail spoon to combine.
- Squeeze and drop in additional lime wedges or two and stir again.
- Garnish drink with a few extra sprigs of mint or basil, mostly to help drink in their aroma. Enjoy!
From the Test Kitchen
In small saucepan, combine and simmer 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Set saucepan in bowl of ice water until syrup is cool.
If desired, add a few fresh fruit sections.
Nutrition Facts (DIY Mojito)
- Per serving:
- 142 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 0 mg chol.,
- 31 mg sodium,
- 20 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 17 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet