- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup* or 4 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 8 large or 10 to 12 small fresh mint leaves or 8 small or 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 - 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 - 3 tablespoons light, or light-spiced, coconut, or fruit flavored rum
- 1/2 cup chilled club soda
- Lime wedges
- Mint or basil (optional)
1. Grab a tall glass and add simple syrup or sugar.
2. Toss in mint leaves or basil leaves torn in two if necessary and lime juice.
3. Use muddler to gently "bruise" the herbs against the glass to allow their flavorful oils to meld with the liquids and fruit** (if using).
4. Fill glass three-quarters full with ice.
5. Add coconut or fruit-flavored rum and top off with club soda. Use a sugarcane skewer, swizzle stick or cocktail spoon to combine.
6. Squeeze and drop in additional lime wedges or two and stir again.
7. Garnish drink with a few extra sprigs of mint or basil, mostly to help drink in their aroma. Enjoy!
- In small saucepan, combine and simmer 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Set saucepan in bowl of ice water until syrup is cool.
- If desired, add a few fresh fruit sections.
- Servings Per Recipe 1,
- cal. (kcal) 142,
- carb. (g) 20,
- fiber (g) 2,
- sugar (g) 17,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (IU) 632,
- vit. C (mg) 8,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Folate (µg) 16,
- sodium (mg) 31,
- Potassium (mg) 96,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 2,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet