Dijon Pork Chops with Apple Salad
cups baby arugula or watercress
Fuji apple, cored, quartered, and thinly sliced
cup thinly sliced celery (2 stalks)
cup thinly sliced radishes
cup pecan pieces, toasted*
tablespoons cider vinegar
tablespoons olive oil
cup crumbled blue cheese (1 ounce)
Kosher salt or salt
Ground black pepper
tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
tablespoon whole grain mustard
tablespoon mayonnaise or salad dressing
teaspoons packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground black pepper
bone-in pork loin chops, about 1-inch thick
- For salad, in a large bowl toss together arugula, apple, celery, radishes, and pecans; cover and chill. For dressing, in a small bowl whisk together vinegar, oil, honey, and blue cheese. Season with salt and pepper; cover and chill.
- In a small bowl whisk together Dijon-style mustard, whole-grain mustard, mayonnaise, brown sugar, thyme, and the 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- For a charcoal or gas grill, place chops on the rack of a covered grill directly over medium heat. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until 145 degrees F, turning once halfway through grilling. Transfer chops to a plate and let stand for 5 minutes. Spoon mustard mixture over chops.
- Toss salad with dressing; serve with chops.
From the Test Kitchen
*TO TOAST NUTS:
To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until light brown, watching carefully and shaking once or twice.
Nutrition Facts(Dijon Pork Chops with Apple Salad)
- Per serving:
- 542 kcal cal.,
- 38 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 19 g monounsatured fat),
- 105 mg chol.,
- 627 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 13 g sugar,
- 33 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet