Dijon Lentil and Sausage Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a large saucepan combine broth and the water. Bring to boiling. Add green beans, parsnips, and shallots. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 8 to 10 minutes or just until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat. Stir in sausage and lentils. In a small bowl combine wine, mustard, thyme, and half of the minced garlic; stir into sausage mixture.
- Transfer sausage mixture to a 2-quart casserole. Bake, covered, for 25 to 30 minutes or just until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl toss together bread crumbs and oil. Sprinkle over sausage mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 10 minutes more or until mixture is heated through and crumbs are lightly browned.
- In a small bowl combine snipped parsley, lemon peel, and the remaining garlic. Sprinkle over casserole before serving. If desired, garnish with lemon slices and/or parsley sprigs.
Nutrition Facts (Dijon Lentil and Sausage Casserole)
- Per serving:
- 236 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 20 mg chol.,
- 577 mg sodium,
- 31 g carb.,
- 12 g fiber,
- 3 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet