Deviled Egg Macaroni Pasta Salad
cup cider vinegar
ounces large elbow macaroni
tablespoons country Dijon-style mustard
teaspoon smoked paprika
teaspoon cracked black pepper
cup chopped sweet pickle
cups very thinly sliced celery
Smoked paprika and/or pepper (optional)
- In a small saucepan combine onion, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse well with cold water; set aside.
- Coarsely chop one egg; set aside. Halve remaining eggs; separate yolks from whites. Coarsely chop egg whites; set aside.
- For dressing, place yolks in a medium bowl; mash with a fork. Add mayonnaise, mustard, and onion and vinegar mixture. Gradually stir in 2 Tbsp. water, salt, paprika, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites, pickles, celery, macaroni, and dressing; toss to combine. Top with reserved egg; sprinkle with additional smoked paprika and pepper. Serve at once or cover and chill up to 6 hours.
From the Test Kitchen
If the mixture gets a little dry after storing, you can stir in a little milk.
Nutrition Facts(Deviled Egg Macaroni Pasta Salad)
- Per serving:
- 273 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 228 mg chol.,
- 422 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 4 g sugar,
- 11 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet