Tropical Fruit Pie
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F. For pastry, in a medium bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in egg yolk and enough cold water to moisten. Knead gently until mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface roll dough to a 12-inch circle; carefully transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2-inch beyond edge of pie plate. Fold under extra pastry. Crimp edge. Generously prick bottom and sides of pastry with a fork. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes; remove foil. Bake for 10 minutes more or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a bowl beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Add whipping cream, the 1 tablespoon liqueur, and vanilla. Beat until combined. Spoon filling into baked pastry shell. Cover and chill 1 to 4 hours.
- To serve, arrange fruit on top of filling. Heat preserves and 1/2 teaspoon liqueur until melted. Drizzle over pie. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Tropical Fruit Pie)
- Per serving:
- 427 kcal cal.,
- 28 g fat
- (17 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 108 mg chol.,
- 298 mg sodium,
- 38 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 21 g sugar,
- 6 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Claudia Larkin 1472 Days Ago
I've made this delicious dessert for years--since the time it first appeared in BHG many years ago. I actually prepare it in a tart pan. It is an absolute show stopper!