- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 2 1/3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded tangerine or orange peel
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange tangerine blend concentrate, or orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Flaked coconut
1. Line 30 muffin cups with paper bake cups. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, egg yolks, buttermilk, the 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the cooking oil; set aside. In another bowl stir together cake flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 3/4 cup butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add granulated sugar and the peel. Alternately add flour mixture and egg-buttermilk mixture stopping to scrape bowl as needed. Add the thawed concentrate; mix until just combined.
3. Fill prepared muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until cupcakes are golden brown and spring back when lightly pressed. (Cupcakes will dip slightly in centers). Cool on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and cool completely before frosting.
4. For frosting, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese, the 6 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until combined. Gradually add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with flaked coconut. Makes 30 cupcakes.
- If you don't have 30 muffin cups, chill batter while your first batch of cupcakes bake. Wash pans; bake remaining batter as directed above.