- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon verbena leaves or 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 2 cups sliced fresh nectarines
- 1 cup fresh boysenberries, blackberries, and/or raspberries
1. In a 1-quart saucepan combine the water, sugar, lemon verbena or lemon peel, and half of the mint leaves. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Strain, discarding the lemon verbena and mint. Cool.
2. In a large bowl combine the fruit and the remaining mint leaves. Drizzle the cooled syrup over the fruit mixture. Serve at once. Makes 8 servings.
- Prepare the syrup as above. Transfer to a covered container. Chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. In a large bowl combine fruit and remaining mint leaves. Drizzle chilled syrup over fruit mixture. Serve at once or cover and chill in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 91,
- carb. (g) 23,
- fiber (g) 2,
- vit. A (RE) 144,
- vit. C (mg) 10,
- sodium (mg) 2,
- calcium (mg) 20,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet