- Makes: 6 servings
- Yields: 6 individual souffles
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 15 mins to 18 mins 350°F
- Stand: 45 mins
- Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Using margarine or butter, grease six 1-cup souffle dishes or 10-ounce custard cups. Sprinkle with sugar, shaking out any excess sugar. Place dishes on a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine strawberries and the 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar. Let stand 15 minutes until strawberries become juicy. In a blender container or food processor bowl combine strawberry mixture and cornstarch. Blend or process until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add the 1/2 cup sugar beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until stiff glossy peaks form.
- With a rubber spatula, push beaten egg whites to the side of the bowl. Pour strawberry mixture into bottom of the bowl. Carefully stir a little of the beaten egg whites into the strawberry mixture. Then fold the two mixtures together (there should be a few pink streaks remaining). Divide mixture evenly among prepared dishes.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve immediately with strawberry or chocolate syrup. Makes 6 individual souffles.
Nutrition Facts (Strawberry Souffle)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 0 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 0 g monounsatured fat),
- 4 mg chol.,
- 70 mg sodium,
- 57 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 54 g sugar,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet