- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese or one 8-ounce tub cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- Chocolate curls or grated chocolate (optional)
1. For crust, in a medium mixing bowl combine flour and brown sugar. Cut in margarine or butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into an 11- to 13-inch pizza pan. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
2. Just before serving, in a medium mixing bowl beat whipping cream with an electric mixer on low speed just until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone cheese or cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon peel; beat until fluffy (mixture will thicken as it is beaten).
3. Spread cheese mixture atop cooled crust. Top with strawberries. Garnish with chocolate curls or grated chocolate, if desired. Serve immediately. Makes 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 329,
- Fat, total (g) 24,
- chol. (mg) 42,
- sat. fat (g) 10,
- carb. (g) 27,
- pro. (g) 6,
- sodium (mg) 138,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet