- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups fresh or frozen red raspberries or blackberries
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sweet white or red wine or apple juice
1. Thaw raspberries, if frozen; do not drain. Place half of the fresh or thawed raspberries in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Strain pureed raspberries through a fine-mesh sieve into a bowl; discard seeds. Repeat with remaining raspberries.
2. In a small saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in sieved raspberry puree and wine. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare as directed, except use only 1-1/2 cups raspberries and stir in 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries, sweet cherries, or peaches with the sieved raspberry puree.