Raspberry Fudge Pudding Cake
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Drain thawed berries, reserving 3/4 cup syrup. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine flour, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, and baking powder; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add 1/2 cup brown sugar and the vanilla; beat until well combined. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beating until smooth after each addition.
- Spread batter in a greased 2-quart square baking dish. Spoon drained raspberries over batter. Pour raspberry syrup atop. Combine remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa powder; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until wooden toothpick,inserted about 1/2 inch into cake portion, comes out clean. Cool about 1 hour on a wire rack. Serve warm with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream. Makes 6 servings.
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- In a small chilled mixing bowl combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with chilled beaters of an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Do not overbeat.