Raspberry Custard Brulee
cup fat-free milk
tablespoons light dairy sour cream
- For custard, in a small saucepan thoroughly combine 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the cornstarch; add the milk and egg. Cook and stir with a wooden spoon over medium heat just until the mixture begins to bubble. (Do not overcook.) Immediately pour the custard into a small bowl; let mixture cool about 5 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream into custard; add vanilla. Cover and chill custard for up to 24 hours.
- To serve, divide berries evenly among four goblets or dessert dishes. Spoon chilled custard over berries. (If necessary, thin custard with a little milk before spooning over berries.) Set aside.
- For topping, in a heavy small skillet or saucepan heat remaining 2 tablespoons sugar over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt shaking skillet occasionally to heat evenly (do not stir). Reduce heat to low; cook sugar until melted and golden, stirring as necessary with a wooden spoon. Quickly drizzle caramelized sugar over each custard. Serve immediately.
- Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Raspberry Custard Brulee)
- Per serving:
- 150 kcal cal.,
- 2 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 55 mg chol.,
- 56 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet