Vanilla pudding mix helps the pumpkin filling set up without any cooking in this make-ahead chilled dessert.
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Chill: 8 hrs
3 ounce packages (24 total) ladyfingers, split
3 ounce packages cream cheese, softened
tablespoons granulated sugar
cups whipping cream
tablespoons powdered sugar
4-serving-size packages instant vanilla pudding mix
teaspoon ground cinnamon
teaspoon ground ginger
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
15 ounce can pumpkin
cup apricot jam, melted (optional)
Pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Chill a mixing bowl and beaters. For crust, line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with ladyfingers, cutting to fill spaces. Trim bottoms of the remaining ladyfingers slightly to stand in pan. Place ladyfingers, round side out, against pan sides. Set aside.
- For cream cheese filling, beat cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. In the chilled bowl beat 1-3/4 cups of the whipping cream and the powdered sugar until soft peaks form; set aside 1/2 cup of the whipped cream mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream mixture into cream cheese mixture.
- For pumpkin filling, stir together pudding mixes, cinnamon, ginger, and pie spice. Add pumpkin and milk; beat until thick. Fold in reserved whipped cream mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese filling evenly onto the bottom of prepared pan. Carefully spread pumpkin layer over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, remove side from pan; place charlotte on a platter. If desired, brush side with melted jam. Beat remaining whipping cream to soft peaks; spoon some atop each serving. If desired, sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Makes 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Pumpkin Charlotte)
- Per serving:
- 516 kcal cal.,
- 22 g fat
- (13 g sat. fat,
- 123 mg chol.,
- 1040 mg sodium,
- 78 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet