- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 17.3ounce package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet), thawed
- 4 medium cooking apples (such as Golden Delicious or Jonathan)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1. Unfold puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll pastry into a 14-inch square. Using a fluted pastry cutter or table knife, cut pastry into four 7-inch squares. Set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Core apples; peel apples, if desired. If necessary, trim bottoms of apples so they stand upright. Place an apple in the center of each pastry square. In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon; spoon into centers of apples.
3. In another small bowl beat egg and the water with a fork. Moisten the edges of the pastry squares with egg mixture; fold corners to center over fruit. Pinch to seal, pleating and folding pastry along seams as necessary. Place dumplings in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Brush wrapped apples with egg mixture.
4. Bake dumplings in preheated oven about 35 minutes or until fruit is tender and pastry is brown.
5. Meanwhile, for sauce, in a microwave-safe 2-cup glass measure combine caramel topping and pecans. Microwave, uncovered, on 100 percent (high) power for 30 to 60 seconds or until heated through.
6. Serve dumplings warm with sauce.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 571,
- Fat, total (g) 27,
- chol. (mg) 53,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 78,
- fiber (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 5,
- sodium (mg) 355,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet