Peanut Butter Bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Grease an 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a small bowl combine cranberries and water. Cover and let stand 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and 1/2 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer until well combined. Beat in the brown sugar. Beat in the flour on low speed (mixture will be crumbly). Stir in the peanuts and drained cranberries. Reserve 1 cup of the crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a medium bowl beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the egg, 2/3 cup peanut butter, and lemon juice; beat until well combined. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top, pressing lightly into filling.
- Bake about 25 minutes more or until top is lightly browned and edges are puffed. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Makes 16 bars.
From the Test Kitchen
Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts (Peanut Butter Bars)
- Per serving:
- 275 kcal cal.,
- 19 g fat
- (6 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 8 g monounsatured fat),
- 33 mg chol.,
- 197 mg sodium,
- 22 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 12 g sugar,
- 8 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet