- For biscuit topping, stir together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add pecans. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, then set dry mixture aside.
- For filling, stir together the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in water and almond extract; add fruit. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and keep mixture hot.
- Mix together egg and milk in a small bowl; add all at once to the dry biscuit topping and stir just until moistened.
- Transfer the hot filling to an ungreased 2-quart glass baking dish. Immediately spoon biscuit topping into eight mounds on top of the hot filling. Stir together the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over topping.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with peach or vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Peach-Pecan Cobbler)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 104 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet