Bake this tender pecan-studded, biscuit-topped, cinnamon-spiced peach cobbler recipe until golden. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 20 mins 400°F
cup rolled oats
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon ground nutmeg
tablespoons butter or margarine
cup chopped pecans
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon almond extract
cups sliced, peeled peaches or sliced nectarines, or frozen, unsweetened peach slices
tablespoon granulated sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
Peach ice cream, vanilla ice cream, or whipped cream (optional)
- For biscuit topping, stir together flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; add pecans. Make a well in the center of the dry mixture, then set dry mixture aside.
- For filling, stir together the 1/3 cup granulated sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan. Stir in water and almond extract; add fruit. Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat and keep mixture hot.
- Mix together egg and milk in a small bowl; add all at once to the dry biscuit topping and stir just until moistened.
- Transfer the hot filling to an ungreased 2-quart glass baking dish. Immediately spoon biscuit topping into eight mounds on top of the hot filling. Stir together the 1 tablespoon granulated sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle over topping.
- Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into the center of a dumpling comes out clean. Serve warm with peach or vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Peach-Pecan Cobbler)
- Per serving:
- 248 kcal cal.,
- 9 g fat
- (3 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 104 mg sodium,
- 41 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet