- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1/2 cup almond paste (about 1/2 of an 8-ounce can)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 cups fresh or frozen loose-pack raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
1. For puffs, combine water, butter, almond paste, and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to boiling, breaking up almond paste with a spoon. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Drop dough by heaping teaspoons into 30 mounds about 2 inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
3. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet. Cool on wire racks.Peach Filling::
4. Meanwhile, for peach filling, chop peaches. Combine whipping cream, powdered sugar, and amaretto or almond extract in a chilled medium mixing bowl. Beat with the chilled beaters of an electric mixer on low speed until soft peaks form (peaks curl). Fold in peaches and sour cream. Cover and refrigerate.
5. Cut off the tops of the puffs. Remove any soft dough from insides. Spoon a generous 1 tablespoon filling into each puff. Replace tops of the puffs. Puffs may be covered and chilled for up to 2 hours.For raspberry sauce::
6. Puree fresh or frozen loose-pack raspberries, thawed, in a blender container until nearly smooth. Press berries through a fine-mesh sieve; discard seeds. You should have about 2/3 cup sieved puree. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in sieved puree. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
7. To serve, make a pyramid of puffs on a round serving plate. Serve with raspberry sauce. Makes 15 servings.
- Prepare puffs; arrange in airtight freezer container. Seal, label and freeze up to 1 month.
- Servings Per Recipe 15,
- cal. (kcal) 235,
- Fat, total (g) 15,
- chol. (mg) 91,
- sat. fat (g) 8,
- carb. (g) 22,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 4,
- vit. C (mg) 7,
- sodium (mg) 110,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet