Panna Cotta with Peaches in Lime Syrup
- Place eight small glasses in a shallow baking pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl sprinkle gelatin over the water. Do not stir. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan stir together sugar and 1/2 cup of the half-and-half. Heat over medium heat until hot but not boiling. Add gelatin and stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat. Whisk in yogurt until smooth. Stir in remaining half-and-half and vanilla. Pour into glasses. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours or until set.*
- Meanwhile, prepare Lime Syrup. Toss peaches in the Lime Syrup. To serve, top panna cottas with peaches and some of the syrup. If desired, top with lime slices and pistachios.
From the Test Kitchen
Speed-Set Method: Prepare as directed, except cover and freeze for 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 1-1/2 hours or until set.
- In a small saucepan combine lime juice, sugar, and the water. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened. Syrup will thicken more as it cools.
Nutrition Facts (Panna Cotta with Peaches in Lime Syrup)
- Per serving:
- 336 kcal cal.,
- 13 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 32 mg chol.,
- 49 mg sodium,
- 48 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 45 g sugar,
- 9 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet