Orange-Glazed Fruit with Anise Whipped Cream
cup orange juice
cup whipping cream
teaspoon ouzo (anise-flavored liqueur), orange liqueur, orange juice, or several drops anise extract
cups fruit, such as tangerine wedges, strips of mango, or quartered plums or apricots
tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
Chopped almonds or pistachios (optional)
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine orange juice, 2 tablespoons sugar, and honey. Bring to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar and honey; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a medium chilled bowl beat whipping cream, 1 teaspoon sugar, and ouzo with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form (tips curl). Cover and chill up to 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl toss fruit with melted butter. Transfer fruit to a grill pan or a disposable foil pan with small slits cut in the bottom.* For a charcoal grill, place fruit in pan on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals; grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place grill pan on grill rack directly over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- To serve, arrange fruit on each of 4 dessert plates. Drizzle with syrup. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with whipped cream. Makes 4 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Make a foil pan with a double thickness of heavy foil; fold up sides of foil to form a pan and cut several slits in bottom.
Nutrition Facts(Orange-Glazed Fruit with Anise Whipped Cream)
- Per serving:
- 267 kcal cal.,
- 15 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 4 g monounsatured fat),
- 49 mg chol.,
- 44 mg sodium,
- 36 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 26 g sugar,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet