- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- 1 teaspoon shortening
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and espresso powder; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gradually fold in the cocoa mixture.
3. Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag. Pipe twenty-four 2-inch kisses onto the prepared cookie sheet. (Or drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.) Bake in a 250 degree F oven for 1 hour. Cool on the cookie sheet. Remove from parchment paper.
4. In a small saucepan combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over cookies. Makes 24 cookies.
- Servings Per Recipe 24,
- cal. (kcal) 32,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 5,
- sugar (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 1,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- sodium (mg) 7,
- Potassium (mg) 9,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- Starch () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet