Mocha Meringue Kisses
cup sifted powdered sugar
tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoon instant espresso coffee powder
cup granulated sugar
cup semisweet chocolate pieces
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. In a small bowl stir together powdered sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and espresso powder; set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat egg whites and vanilla with an electric mixer on high speed until foamy. Gradually add the granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight). Gradually fold in the cocoa mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a pastry bag. Pipe twenty-four 2-inch kisses onto the prepared cookie sheet. (Or drop mixture by rounded teaspoons onto the prepared cookie sheet.) Bake in a 250 degree F oven for 1 hour. Cool on the cookie sheet. Remove from parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate and shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Drizzle the melted chocolate over cookies. Makes 24 cookies.
Nutrition Facts(Mocha Meringue Kisses)
- Per serving:
- 32 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 7 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 3 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet