Here's a low-calorie, low-fat chocolate dessert that's easy to make.
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 30 mins to 35 mins 325°F
- Cool: 1 hr
cups fat-free milk
tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
tablespoon instant coffee crystals
cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed
Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
Coffee beans (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and coffee crystals. Cook and stir over medium-low heat just until cocoa and coffee are dissolved.
- In a medium mixing bowl gradually whisk hot mixture into egg product. Stir in vanilla. Place six 6-ounce custard cups in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Place baking dish on oven rack. Divide egg mixture among custard cups. Carefully pour boiling water into the baking dish around the custard cups into the baking dish to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center of each custard comes out clean. Remove cups from water. Cool on wire rack to room temperature. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with dessert topping and coffee beans. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Mocha Custards)
- Per serving:
- 103 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 2 mg chol.,
- 98 mg sodium,
- 17 g carb.,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet