- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh mint
- 12 whole strawberries
- 3 kiwifruits, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 large red apple, cut into bite-size chunks
- Kale or lettuce leaves
1. Halve pineapple crosswise; cover and refrigerate bottom half. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and eyes from the remaining half. Cut pineapple into 12 bite-size chunks; set aside. In small bowl combine orange juice, honey, lemon juice, and mint. Stir until well combined.
2. Thread a whole strawberry, pineapple chunk, kiwi chunk, and apple chunk onto each of twelve 6-inch wooden skewers. Arrange skewers in a 13x9x2-inch dish. Pour the orange juice mixture over skewers. Cover; marinate in the refrigerator about 2 hours, turning occasionally.
3. To serve, place reserved pineapple half on a kale-lined plate. Insert skewers into pineapple half. Makes 12 kabobs.