Marbled Mint Bark
- Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Microwave candy coating in a microwave-safe 4-cup glass measure on 100 percent power (high) for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring after every minute. Stir in crushed candies and, if desired, red food coloring to tint to desired color. Pour coating mixture onto prepared baking sheet to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Microwave chocolate pieces in a glass measure on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft enough to stir smooth, stirring after 1 minute. Drizzle over peppermint mixture. Gently zigzag a narrow metal spatula through the chocolate and peppermint layer to marble.
- Let candy stand several hours or until firm. Or, chill about 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy from baking sheet; carefully break candy into pieces. Store, tightly covered, at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 1-1/4 pounds candy.
From the Test Kitchen
To Present This Gift...
Arrange and glue bottlebrush trees in a cluster in the center of the box lid. Let the glue dry. Paint the stars yellow. Let dry. Glue a star to the top of each tree. Let dry. Tie raffia below each star. Trim the ends. Line box with tissue paper, waxed paper, or parchment paper.
Also try this...
Use small, lightweight plastic holiday figurines to embellish the box lid.
To present this gift you will need:
Thick white crafts glue, 3 small bottlebrush trees or other 4- to 6-inch artificial trees, clean white box with lid, paintbrush, yellow paint, wood star shapes, red raffia, scissors, and tissue paper, waxed paper or parchment paper.
Nutrition Facts (Marbled Mint Bark)
- Per serving:
- 167 kcal cal.,
- 8 g fat
- (7 g sat. fat,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 23 g carb.,
- 20 g sugar
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet