- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1/2 17.3ounce package frozen puff pastry (1 sheet)
- 1/3 cup purchased lemon curd
- 1/4 cup purchased creme fraiche
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped pistachios
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Thaw and unfold puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
2. Using a fluted pastry wheel or a sharp knife, cut puff pastry sheet crosswise into sixths, then lengthwise into sixths to make thirty-six 1-1/4-inch squares. Place squares 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake pastry squares in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove pastry shells from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack. Using a melon baller or round 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, hollow out a small circle in the center of each cooled pastry shell, leaving the bottom of the shell intact.
4. In a small bowl, combine lemon curd, creme fraiche, and lemon peel. Just before serving, transfer lemon curd mixture to a small resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe about 3/4 teaspoon filling into each pastry shell. Sprinkle chopped pistachios over filled pastries.
5. Makes 36 mini pastries
- Make pastry shells through Step 3. Place shells in a covered storage container and store at room temperature for 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before filling. Store filling, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before assembling.
- cal. (kcal) 46,
- Fat, total (g) 3,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- carb. (g) 5,
- vit. A (IU) 49,
- sodium (mg) 28,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet