Frozen puff pastry streamlines the preparation of these petite puffs filled with a rich lemon curd mixture.
- Yields: 36 mini pastries
- Prep: 30 mins
- Bake: 15 mins 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Thaw and unfold puff pastry according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Using a fluted pastry wheel or a sharp knife, cut puff pastry sheet crosswise into sixths, then lengthwise into sixths to make thirty-six 1-1/4-inch squares. Place squares 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake pastry squares in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden brown. Remove pastry shells from baking sheet and cool completely on a wire rack. Using a melon baller or round 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon, hollow out a small circle in the center of each cooled pastry shell, leaving the bottom of the shell intact.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon curd, creme fraiche, and lemon peel. Just before serving, transfer lemon curd mixture to a small resealable plastic bag. Seal bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe about 3/4 teaspoon filling into each pastry shell. Sprinkle chopped pistachios over filled pastries.
- Makes 36 mini pastries
From the Test Kitchen
Make pastry shells through Step 3. Place shells in a covered storage container and store at room temperature for 24 hours or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before filling. Store filling, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before assembling.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon-Pistachio Bites)
- Per serving:
- 46 kcal cal.,
- 3 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 28 mg sodium,
- 5 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 0 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet