Lemon Cream with Raspberry and Passion Fruit Sauce
teaspoons unflavored gelatin
cups fat-free milk
teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
8 ounce container fat-free frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
medium passion fruit
cup fresh raspberries or frozen loose-pack raspberries
Fresh raspberries (optional)
Mint sprigs (optional)
- Stir together sugar, flour, and gelatin in a heavy medium saucepan. Stir in the fat-free milk all at once. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in vanilla and lemon peel. Cover with plastic wrap; chill about 1-1/2 hours or until partially set (consistency of unbeaten egg whites), stirring occasionally. Fold in the whipped topping. Pour mixture into stemmed dessert glasses. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until set.
- Cut passion fruit in half. Scoop out pulp and seeds, and place in a medium saucepan. Add raspberries, water, the 3 tablespoons sugar, and cornstarch. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Strain sauce through a sieve to remove seeds. Cool thoroughly.
- Serve with Raspberry and Passion Fruit Sauce and, if desired, fresh raspberries and mint sprigs. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts(Lemon Cream with Raspberry and Passion Fruit Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 145 kcal cal.,
- 0 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 1 mg chol.,
- 40 mg sodium,
- 32 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet