- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 5 mins 350°
cups butter shortbread cookie crumbs (5-1/2 ounces)
tablespoons butter, melted
cup half-and-half or light cream
envelope unflavored gelatin
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup lemon curd (about one 10-ounce jar)
cup fresh pomegranate seeds or 2 cups fresh raspberries
teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- Place oven rack at center position. Preheat oven to 350 degree F. To make the crust, combine the crumbs and melted butter. Press the cookie crumbs onto the bottom only of an 8-inch springform pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
- To make the filling, pour half-and-half into a small saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin over half-and-half. Let stand for 3 minutes to soften. Heat and stir gently over medium heat about 1 minute or just until gelatin dissolves. Remove from heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth; add lemon curd and lemom peel. Add half-and-half mixture; beat about 1 minute more until combined. Pour filling over crumb crust in springform pan; smooth top with a spatula. Cover with plastic wrap; chill for at least 6 hours or up to 48 hours.
- To serve, run a small knife around inside of springform pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Top cheesecake with pomegranate seeds or raspberries. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
From the Test Kitchen
Cheesecake can be made two days ahead; store covered in refrigerator. Seed pomegranates; cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts (Lemon Cheesecake)
- 451 kcal cal.;
- 32 g Fat, total;
- 109 mg chol.;
- 19 g sat. fat;
- 17 g carb.;
- 3 g fiber;
- 7 g pro.;
- 330 RE vit. A;
- 50 mg calcium;
- 2 mg iron;
- 2 mg vit. C;
- 322 mg sodium
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet