0 did it
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Bake: 45 mins 350°F
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare Cinnamon Pastry. On a lightly floured surface, slightly flatten dough. Roll dough from center to edge into a 12-inch circle. Wrap pastry circle around rolling pin; unroll into a 9-inch pie pan or plate. Ease pastry into pie pan without stretching it. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie pan. Fold under extra pastry even with edge of pan. Crimp edge as desired.
- For filling, in a large bowl, combine eggs, honey, sugar, melted butter, molasses, and vanilla. Stir in walnuts. Pour filling into pastry shell.
- Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 20 minutes more or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Top each serving with Honey Creme Fraiche. Makes 8 servings.
Honey Creme Fraiche
- In a small bowl, stir together creme fraiche and honey. Makes about 1 cup.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in shortening and butter, cut up, until pieces are pea size. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon ice water over part of the flour mixture; toss gently with a fork. Push moistened dough to side of bowl. Repeat with additional ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time (1/4 to 1/3 cup total), until all of the flour mixture is moistened. Gather mixture into a ball, kneading gently until it holds together.