- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 3 cups pitted and finely chopped apricots or three 16-ounce cans unpeeled apricot halves, drained and finely chopped
- 1 32 ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Sliced fresh apricots and/or fresh mint sprigs (optional)
1. In a large food processor, combine half of the chopped apricots, the yogurt, and honey. Cover and process until smooth. (If using a blender or smaller food processor, do this step in two batches.)
2. Pour into a 2-quart freezer container. Stir in remaining chopped apricots. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
3. Chill the mixer bowl for a heavy, stand electric mixer. Spoon the frozen mixture into the chilled mixer bowl. Beat with a heavy, stand electric mixer on medium speed until slightly fluffy, starting slowly and gradually increasing the speed. Return mixture to freezer container. Cover and freeze about 6 hours or until firm.
4. Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with sliced apricots and/or mint sprigs.
- Servings Per Recipe 12,
- cal. (kcal) 93,
- Fat, total (g) 1,
- chol. (mg) 4,
- sat. fat (g) 1,
- carb. (g) 18,
- fiber (g) 1,
- sugar (g) 6,
- pro. (g) 4,
- sodium (mg) 50,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet