Honey-Apricot Frozen Yogurt
cups pitted and finely chopped apricots or three 16-ounce cans unpeeled apricot halves, drained and finely chopped
32 ounce carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
Sliced fresh apricots and/or fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- In a large food processor, combine half of the chopped apricots, the yogurt, and honey. Cover and process until smooth. (If using a blender or smaller food processor, do this step in two batches.)
- Pour into a 2-quart freezer container. Stir in remaining chopped apricots. Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until firm.
- Chill the mixer bowl for a heavy, stand electric mixer. Spoon the frozen mixture into the chilled mixer bowl. Beat with a heavy, stand electric mixer on medium speed until slightly fluffy, starting slowly and gradually increasing the speed. Return mixture to freezer container. Cover and freeze about 6 hours or until firm.
- Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving. If desired, garnish with sliced apricots and/or mint sprigs.
Nutrition Facts(Honey-Apricot Frozen Yogurt)
- Per serving:
- 93 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 4 mg chol.,
- 50 mg sodium,
- 18 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 6 g sugar,
- 4 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet