- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 1/4 cups apricot nectar
- 1/3 cup snipped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons dried cherries or cranberries
- 4 medium baking apples (such as Rome or Winesap)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine apricot nectar, dried apricots, and dried cherries or cranberries in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain fruit, reserving liquid.
3. Meanwhile, core apples almost through to bottom. Peel a strip about 1 inch wide around the middle of each. Use the tines of a fork to make a crisscross or wavy pattern in the peeled apple. Place apples in a 2-quart square baking dish.
4. Combine the drained fruit mixture, sugar, and nutmeg. Spoon into centers of apples. Combine reserved liquid, cardamom, and vanilla; pour over and around apples. Bake, covered, in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until apples are tender, basting occasionally with the cooking liquid. Before serving, spoon liquid over apples again. Serve warm. Makes 4 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 4,
- cal. (kcal) 142,
- carb. (g) 36,
- fiber (g) 3,
- pro. (g) 1,
- vit. A (RE) 206,
- vit. C (mg) 29,
- sodium (mg) 4,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet