Hearts and Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Fold each wedge in half lengthwise; trim top edge with scissors to form a heart shape.
- Open hearts and place them close together on an ungreased baking sheet. Coat hearts lightly with cooking spray; sprinkle with a mixture of sugar and cocoa powder. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For cherry sauce, combine drained cherries and spreadable fruit in a small saucepan or in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat through over low heat or in a microwave oven on 100 percent power (high) for about 1 minute.
- To serve, place one tortilla heart on each of 4 dessert plates. Spoon some cherry sauce on top. Top with several small scoops of ice cream, then with another tortilla heart, and a dollop of whipped cream. Cover with a third heart. Pass remaining sauce. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Hearts and Cherries)
- Per serving:
- 716 kcal cal.,
- 37 g fat
- (20 g sat. fat,
- 158 mg chol.,
- 171 mg sodium,
- 95 g carb.,
- 3 g fiber,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet