Happy Fruit Kabobs
cup apple jelly
tablespoon lemon juice
teaspoon ground cinnamon
of a medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cored (about 9 ounces)
cups large fresh strawberries
nectarine, seeded and cut into wedges
of a 10-ounce loaf frozen pound cake, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
small firm kiwi fruit, peeled and cut in half crosswise
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour. In grill with cover, have an adult arrange preheated coals around drip pan for indirect grilling.
- For sauce, combine apple jelly, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Cut pineapple into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Thread pineapple, strawberries, nectarine wedges, and cake cubes alternately onto skewers, placing kiwi halves on each end. Leave a little space (about 1/4 inch) between each piece so heat can go all around. Transfer kabobs to a baking sheet or tray so you can carry them easily to the grill.
- Place kabobs on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover grill. Grill kabobs 2 minutes. Carefully turn skewers over. Use oven mitts to protect hands.
- Use a long-handled brush to slather some of the sauce over kabobs. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Turn. Brush with sauce. Remove kabobs from grill.
Nutrition Facts(Happy Fruit Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 216 kcal cal.,
- 5 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 20 mg chol.,
- 73 mg sodium,
- 42 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet