- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 8 wooden skewers
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 of a medium fresh pineapple, peeled and cored (about 9 ounces)
- 2 cups large fresh strawberries
- 1 nectarine, seeded and cut into wedges
- 1/2 of a 10-ounce loaf frozen pound cake, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 8 small firm kiwi fruit, peeled and cut in half crosswise
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 1 hour. In grill with cover, have an adult arrange preheated coals around drip pan for indirect grilling.
2. For sauce, combine apple jelly, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. Cut pineapple into 1-1/2-inch pieces. Thread pineapple, strawberries, nectarine wedges, and cake cubes alternately onto skewers, placing kiwi halves on each end. Leave a little space (about 1/4 inch) between each piece so heat can go all around. Transfer kabobs to a baking sheet or tray so you can carry them easily to the grill.
4. Place kabobs on grill rack over drip pan.
5. Cover grill. Grill kabobs 2 minutes. Carefully turn skewers over. Use oven mitts to protect hands.
6. Use a long-handled brush to slather some of the sauce over kabobs. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Turn. Brush with sauce. Remove kabobs from grill.
- Servings Per Recipe 8,
- cal. (kcal) 216,
- Fat, total (g) 5,
- chol. (mg) 20,
- sat. fat (g) 2,
- carb. (g) 42,
- fiber (g) 4,
- pro. (g) 3,
- vit. A (RE) 62,
- vit. C (mg) 100,
- sodium (mg) 73,
- calcium (mg) 40,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet