Upload your photo here.
- Core apples almost to the bottom, leaving approximately 1/2 inch. Remove 1 inch of peel from the top of each apple.
- In a small bowl stir together Gorgonzola, walnuts, and melted butter. Fill each cored apple three-fourths full. Drizzle 1 teaspoon honey into each. Add remaining filling to apples. Place apples in a disposable foil pan.
- For a charcoal grill, arrange medium-hot coals around edge of grill. Test for medium heat over center of grill. Place apples on rack in the center of the grill. Cover; grill for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust grill for indirect grilling. Place apples on grill rack. Grill as above.)
- Drizzle each serving with additional honey; serve warm.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare as directed, except substitute 1/3 cup finely cubed brie for the Gorgonzola, 3 tablespoons chopped hazelnuts for the walnuts, 4 teaspoons fig or red currant preserves for the honey, and add 1 teaspoon snipped fresh tarragon to the cheese mixture. To serve, melt additional preserves and drizzle over apples.
Nutrition Facts per serving of Brie-and-Hazelnut-Stuffed Apples: 224 cal., 13 g fat (5 g sat. fat), 28 mg chol., 25 g carbo., 4 g dietary fiber, 4 g pro.
Daily Values: 7% vit. A, 10% vit. C, 4% calcium, 3% iron. Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 1/2 Other Carbo., 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Nutrition Facts (Gorgonzola-and-Walnut-Stuffed Apples)
- Per serving:
- 226 kcal cal.,
- 14 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 22 mg chol.,
- 163 mg sodium,
- 26 g carb.,
- 4 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet