Here's an easy dessert that you can whip up in minutes. It's a mellow fruit casserole to enjoy on a cool autumn afternoon.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins to 15 mins 375°F
small pears, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 12 ounces total)
tablespoons orange juice or water
teaspoons dried cranberries
teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup rolled oats
tablespoons packed brown sugar
teaspoons butter, melted
tablespoons sliced almonds
Vanilla low-fat yogurt (optional)
Coarsely chopped crystallized ginger (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine pears, orange juice, cranberries, the 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, the cinnamon, and vanilla. Spoon mixture into an ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- In another small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle oat mixture and almonds over pear mixture in baking dishe.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and almonds are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with yogurt and additional crystallized ginger.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Pear Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 235 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 35 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet