Here's an easy dessert that you can whip up in minutes. It's a mellow fruit casserole to enjoy on a cool autumn afternoon.
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Bake: 20 mins to 15 mins 375°F
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine pears, orange juice, cranberries, the 4 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger, the cinnamon, and vanilla. Spoon mixture into an ungreased 1-quart casserole.
- In another small bowl, stir together oats, brown sugar, and flour. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle oat mixture and almonds over pear mixture in baking dishe.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until pears are tender and almonds are golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with yogurt and additional crystallized ginger.
Nutrition Facts (Ginger-Pear Crisp)
- Per serving:
- 235 kcal cal.,
- 7 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 11 mg chol.,
- 35 mg sodium,
- 44 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet