Kabobs are a fun and easy way to serve fruit for parties. The low-cal dip makes it a welcome buffet table topper.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 kabob and 2 tablespoons dip
- Prep: 20 mins
- Chill: 30 mins to 1 hr
cup cantaloupe chunks
cup honeydew melon chunks
cup small strawberries
cup pineapple chunks
small bananas, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
cup orange juice
cup lime juice
8 ounce carton vanilla low-fat or fat-free yogurt
tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
Ground nutmeg or ground cinnamon (optional)
- On eight 6-inch or four 10-inch skewers alternately thread the cantaloupe, honeydew melon, strawberries, pineapple, and bananas. Place kabobs in a glass baking dish. Combine orange juice and lime juice; pour evenly over kabobs. Cover; chill kabobs for 30 to 60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, for dip, in a small bowl stir together the yogurt and orange juice concentrate. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange the kabobs on a serving platter; discard juice mixture. If desired, sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon over dip. Serve dip with kabobs. Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Fruit Kabobs)
- Per serving:
- 91 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- (0 g sat. fat,
- 2 mg chol.,
- 20 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet