- Makes: 10 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 6 hrs to 8 hrs on Low or High 3 to 4 hours
Fruit Compote with Ginger
medium pears, peeled if desired, cored, and cubed
15 1/2 ounce can pineapple chunks, undrained
cup dried apricots, quartered
tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
tablespoons packed brown sugar
tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
cups frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries
Flaked coconut, toasted (see tip, page ?)
Macadamia nuts or pecans, chopped and toasted (see tip, page ?)
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine pear, undrained pineapple, dried apricots, orange juice concentrate, brown sugar, tapioca, and ginger.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. Stir in cherries at the end.
- To serve, spoon warm compote into dessert dishes. If desired, top with coconut and nuts.
Nutrition Facts (Fruit Compote with Ginger)
- Per serving:
- 128 kcal cal.,
- 3 mg sodium,
- 33 g carb.,
- 27 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet