Fresh Fruit Pizza
Using flaxseeds is a good way to include more omega-3 fats in your diet. We added them to the crust of this fruit dessert but you would never know it.
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Chill: 2 hrs
- Bake: 12 mins to 14 mins 375°F
Fresh Fruit Pizza
- Line a sieve or small colander with three layers of 100-percent-cotton cheesecloth or a clean paper coffee filter. Suspend lined sieve or colander over a bowl. (Or use a yogurt strainer.) Spoon yogurt into sieve, colander, or yogurt strainer. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 24 hours. Remove from refrigerator. Discard liquid. Transfer yogurt cheese to a small bowl. Stir in the 1-1/2 teaspoons honey and the vanilla. Cover and chill until needed.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat two 4x2-inch rectangular tart pans with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, and flaxseeds. Stir in canola oil and milk. Stir just until mixture comes together. Press mixture evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool in pans on a wire rack.
- Carefully remove crusts from tart pans. Spread yogurt mixture evenly over crusts. Arrange fruit on top of filling. If desired, drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Serve immediately or cover and chill for up to 2 hours before serving.
From the Test Kitchen
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Use a brand of yogurt that contains no gums, gelatin, or fillers. These ingredients may prevent the whey from separating from the yogurt solids to make the yogurt cheese.
Nutrition Facts (Fresh Fruit Pizza)
- Per serving:
- 420 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (1 g sat. fat,
- 1 mg chol.,
- 42 mg sodium,
- 59 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet