Freezer French Toast
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup dairy sour cream
16 ounce loaf French bread
cup orange marmalade
cups finely chopped almonds (10 oz.)
- In medium mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set aside. Trim off ends of bread; cut loaf crosswise in 20 slices. Spread half the slices on one side with cheese mixture. Spread remaining slices on one side with marmalade. Sandwich slices together; set aside.
- In a shallow dish use a fork to beat eggs, milk, and vanilla together. Place half the almonds in another shallow dish. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture; allow excess to drip off. Coat both sides of sandwiches with almonds, adding more almonds to dish as needed.
- Place coated sandwiches on baking sheet lined with waxed paper; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm. Transfer to freezer container or bag; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen French toast on large greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and heated through, turning once. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts(Freezer French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 562 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 114 mg chol.,
- 402 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet