Freezer French Toast
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
cup dairy sour cream
16 ounce loaf French bread
cup orange marmalade
cups finely chopped almonds (10 oz.)
- In medium mixing bowl beat together cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; set aside. Trim off ends of bread; cut loaf crosswise in 20 slices. Spread half the slices on one side with cheese mixture. Spread remaining slices on one side with marmalade. Sandwich slices together; set aside.
- In a shallow dish use a fork to beat eggs, milk, and vanilla together. Place half the almonds in another shallow dish. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture; allow excess to drip off. Coat both sides of sandwiches with almonds, adding more almonds to dish as needed.
- Place coated sandwiches on baking sheet lined with waxed paper; cover and freeze 3 hours or until firm. Transfer to freezer container or bag; seal, label, and freeze up to 1 month.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place frozen French toast on large greased baking sheet. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden and heated through, turning once. Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Facts(Freezer French Toast)
- Per serving:
- 562 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (8 g sat. fat,
- 4 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 12 g monounsatured fat),
- 114 mg chol.,
- 402 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 5 g fiber,
- 39 g sugar,
- 15 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet