Figgy Espresso Cake with Honey Fruit Compote
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. In a medium saucepan combine figs and water. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes. In a food processor (or half at a time in a blender) process until figs are chopped.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting the fig mixture for the water. Stir in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan; set on wire rack placed over a shallow baking pan. Poke holes all over cake with a long-tined fork. Slowly spoon brewed espresso over cake. Cool to room temperature. Wrap in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 1 week. Before serving, sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar. Use a serrated knife to slice. Serve with Honey Hard Sauce and Brandied Fruit.
Honey Hard Sauce
- In a mixing bowl beat softened butter and honey. Cover and chill.
Nutrition Facts (Figgy Espresso Cake with Honey Fruit Compote)
- Per serving:
- 589 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (9 g sat. fat,
- 6 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 9 g monounsatured fat),
- 72 mg chol.,
- 317 mg sodium,
- 85 g carb.,
- 6 g fiber,
- 62 g sugar,
- 5 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet