Dried Fruit Compote
- Snip dried fruit into bite-size pieces.
- In medium saucepan combine dried fruit, apple juice, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fruit is soft.
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Add to fruit mixture. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Serve warm with Sweet Biscuits. Makes 6 servings.
- In large mixing bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make well in center. Add whipping cream all at once. Stir with wooden spoon until dough clings together.
- On lightly floured surface knead dough gently 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with 1-1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter. Transfer to ungreased baking sheet. If desired, using 1/2-inch heart-shaped cutter, make indentation into center of each biscuit. Brush lightly with milk. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake in 450 degress F. oven 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Makes 18 small biscuits.