Dieter's Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each pear so it stands upright; rub pears with lemon juice. In large saucepan, bring water to boiling. Place pears upright in pan. (Add additional water to cover pears, if necessary, to prevent pears from turning brown.) Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Chill pears in cooking liquid.
- Place berries in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until pureed; press berries through a sieve to remove seeds.
- Place berries in a small saucepan; stir in wine and sugar. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until reduced to about 3/4 cup, stirring occasionally. Chill.
- To serve, spoon most of the raspberry sauce onto 4 serving plates. Remove pears from poaching liquid; place upright in sauce. Spoon remaining sauce over pears. Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Dieter's Poached Pears with Raspberry Sauce)
- Per serving:
- 167 kcal cal.,
- 1 g fat
- 5 mg sodium,
- 43 g carb.,
- 2 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet