Crunchy Toffee Muffins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease ten 2-1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Make a well in the center of flour mixture.
- In another medium bowl, combine egg, milk, sour cream, melted butter, and vanilla. Add all at once to the flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Gently fold two-thirds of the chopped toffee into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, dividing batter evenly. Sprinkle tops with remaining chopped toffee.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until muffin tops are golden brown and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups. Serve warm. Makes 10 muffins.
From the Test Kitchen
Prepare and bake the muffins as directed; cool completely. Place in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw muffins, covered, at room temperature. Wrap the muffins in foil and bake in a 300 degree F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts(Crunchy Toffee Muffins)
- Per serving:
- 222 kcal cal.,
- 10 g fat
- (5 g sat. fat,
- 39 mg chol.,
- 318 mg sodium,
- 29 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet