- make this recipe
- user reviews ()
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 4-serving-size-packages instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 16 ounce can chocolate frosting (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter, sugar and salt. Bring to boiling. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously. Cook and stir until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Cool 10 minutes.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Drop dough by large spoonfuls, forming a 9-inch ring in a greased 12-inch pizza pan (you'll have 10 to 12 mounds of cream puff dough).
3. Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until puffed and golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. When cool, using a serrated knife, cut ring in half horizontally. Place bottom half on a serving plate. If you like, use a fork to remove soft dough from inside puffs.
4. For filling, in a medium bowl, beat the pudding mix, 2 cups milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute or until smooth and thickened.
5. Fold in whipped cream. Spread filling over bottom half of the cream puff ring. Replace the top of the ring.
6. Stir the 1 tablespoon milk into frosting. Spoon over ring. Sprinkle with sliced almonds. Cover and chill for 2 to 4 hours or until firm. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
- Servings Per Recipe 10,
- cal. (kcal) 536,
- Fat, total (g) 21,
- chol. (mg) 115,
- carb. (g) 84,
- sodium (mg) 1150,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet