Cranberry Strudel Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; set aside. In a small saucepan combine cranberries and water. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until cranberries pop. Drain cranberries; discard liquid. Return cranberries to saucepan.
- Add apple, raisins, and walnuts to cranberries in saucepan. Add granulated sugar, cinnamon, and orange peel; toss gently until mixed. Set aside.
- Unroll phyllo dough. Layer 5 of the phyllo sheets on a cutting board or flat surface, brushing each sheet lightly with some of the melted butter. (See tip, above.) Repeat with remaining phyllo sheets and some of the melted butter to form a second stack. Cut each phyllo stack crosswise into thirds, then lengthwise in half to form 12 squares total.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon of the fruit mixture near the bottom edge of a phyllo square. Fold bottom edge over fruit mixture, then fold in sides. Roll up around filling. Place on prepared baking sheet. Brush top with some of the remaining melted butter. Repeat with remaining phyllo squares, cranberry mixture, and butter.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until rolls are golden. (Rolls may leak slightly during baking.) Transfer rolls to a wire rack and cool completely. Sift with powdered sugar before serving. If desired, serve with whipped cream.
- Makes 12 rolls.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Strudel Rolls)
- Per serving:
- 122 kcal cal.,
- 6 g fat
- (2 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 2 g monounsatured fat),
- 11 mg chol.,
- 74 mg sodium,
- 16 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber,
- 7 g sugar,
- 1 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet