Simply cook and puree cranberries, strain, then freeze for a frosty and easy dessert. It also serves as a palate pleaser between courses.
- Makes: 8 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Freeze: 2 hrs plus overnight
- Stand: 5 mins
- Line the inside of an 8x4x2-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap; set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine water, sugar, and cranberries. Cook over medium heat until mixture just boils, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cool slightly. Pour, half at a time, into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend or process until mixture is nearly smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve (should have 2 to 2-1/2 cups sieved cranberry mixture).
- Pour sieved mixture into lined loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until mixture is nearly frozen. Stir well, scraping frozen mixture from sides of pan. Spread mixture evenly. Cover and freeze overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes. Spoon into dessert cups or dishes. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Cranberry Sorbet)
- Per serving:
- 82 kcal cal.,
- 1 mg sodium,
- 21 g carb.,
- 1 g fiber
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet