teaspoons baking powder
tablespoon finely shredded lemon or orange peel
cup whole milk
cup sour cream
Powdered Sugar Icing (optional)
Finely shredded Lemon Peel (optional)
- In a very large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and lemon peel. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a small bowl combine milk and sour cream. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy). Do not over mix.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Quickly knead dough about 6 to 8 strokes or until nearly smooth. Place dough on an ungreased baking sheet. Using a lightly floured rolling pin or floured hands, roll or pat into a 10-inch circle, that is 3/4-inch thick. Cover and freeze for 20 minutes or until dough is firm enough to cut; cut into 8 to 12 wedges, but do not separate wedges.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; drizzle with powdered sugar icing and sprinkle with lemon peel.
Powdered Sugar Icing
cup powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar and enough milk to make a drizzling consistency.
Nutrition Facts(Cranberry-Lemon Scones)
- Per serving:
- 533 kcal cal.,
- 26 g fat
- (16 g sat. fat,
- 1 g polyunsaturated fat,
- 7 g monounsatured fat),
- 66 mg chol.,
- 651 mg sodium,
- 71 g carb.,
- 2 g fiber,
- 27 g sugar,
- 7 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet