Ice cream cones form the Big Top on this fun birthday cake, which is perfect for a kid's party. A cake mix and canned frosting make it a very simple dessert.
- Makes: 16 servings
- Yields: Makes 1 cake
- Prep: 1 hr 30 mins
- Bake: 12 mins to 15 mins 350°F per package directions
- Cool: 2 hrs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8x1-1/2-inch round baking pans. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; reserve 1/2 cup batter. Place reserved batter into 2 paper bake cup-lined 2-1/2-inch muffin cups. Place remaining batter in prepared pans. Bake cake layers according to package directions. Bake cupcakes for 12 to 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove cake layers and cupcakes to a wire rack. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans. Cool completely.
- Add orange food coloring to one of the white cans of frosting. Set aside. Add yellow food coloring to the other can of frosting; add a little orange for a contrasting yellow-orange color. Place one of the cake layers onto a serving platter. Spread about 2/3 cup of the orange frosting on top. Place the remaining layer on top. Frost the sides of the cake, alternating the colors of frosting every 3-1/2 inches. Frost top of cake with the yellow-orange frosting .
- Remove cupcakes from paper liners. Place one cupcake in the center of cake; frost top with yellow-orange frosting. Place remaining cupcake on top. Frost top and sides of the cupcake stack. Place ice cream cones about 3/4-inch apart around the top edge of the cake with points resting on cupcake stack.
- Attach cookies, candies, and fruit leather to the cake with remaining frosting. Makes 1 cake (16 servings)
Nutrition Facts (Circus Cake)
- Per serving:
- 451 kcal cal.,
- 17 g fat
- (4 g sat. fat,
- 41 mg chol.,
- 347 mg sodium,
- 70 g carb.,
- 0 g fiber,
- 3 g pro.
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet